What is a Disclosure Directive?
A Disclosure Directive hides your clinical information from eChart Manitoba users. It does not hide your name, personal health identification number, date of birth or address.
Can anyone override a Disclosure Directive?
No. Only health-care providers with the highest level of access to eChart Manitoba can temporarily override a Disclosure Directive. Health-care providers may override a Disclosure Directive where considered necessary to obtain relevant information to prepare for or provide you with safe quality care. These health-care providers are required to provide a reason each time they override a disclosure Directive. All overrides are recorded and may be subject to an audit.
What you should know about Disclosure Directives:
- You can request to add or remove a Disclosure Directive at any time.
- You cannot hide part of your record (e.g. medications). A Disclosure Directive will hide all of your clinical information for all eChart Manitoba users.
- Only health-care providers with the highest level of access to eChart Manitoba can temporarily override a Disclosure Directive.
- You can request to see who has viewed your record at any time.
- You can request to see who has overridden your Disclosure Directive and the reason for the override.