Privacy and security
EChart Manitoba Services has significant measures in place to protect your privacy and keep your information safe.
- All Manitoba’s regulatory and legislative standards on protecting personal health information, including The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) are followed.
- Health-care providers are only authorized to see the specific information they need to support your care.
- Health-care providers do not enter information directly into eChart-the system only presents them with views of information already collected from past events.
- All user access to eChart is password-protected, recorded and can be audited.
- You can request to see who has viewed your record at any time.
- You can place a Disclosure Directive on your eChart record.